The desperately sad story of Ellen Page

By Jonathon Van Maren

On May 29, 2014, TIME Magazine published a cover story titled “The Transgender Tipping Point,” featuring Orange is the New Black actor Laverne Cox, a biological male identifying as a woman. The story was heralded as groundbreaking moment for the trans movement, and the cover itself was as much of a tipping point as the cultural shifts it described. Media coverage of this sort, much like political polling, is designed to shape public opinion as much as gauge it. Saying that there is a tipping point does much to make it so.

The just-released March 29 cover dedicates the famous red frame to the transgender movement once again. There is a photo of actress Ellen Page, hair cropped short, a mournful expression on her face, wearing a t-shirt and blue jeans. Page now identifies as Elliot and claims to be a male. Previously, Page had identified as a lesbian, and married a woman. They’ve since split.

TIME’s story was a glowing endorsement of Page’s latest coming out. Their story — as well as the stories covering their story published in nearly every Western publication — obediently called Page a “he,” and the saga was one of a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, if a butterfly came out with various body parts severed, discarded, and sewed back up. In Page’s case, she underwent what is called “top surgery” — a double mastectomy. “Healthcare” in the age of trans includes the amputation of healthy breasts, and if you question that, you’re a transphobe.

READ THE REST OF THIS STORY AT LIFESITENEWS.COM

FacebooktwitterFacebooktwitter

6 thoughts on “The desperately sad story of Ellen Page

1. Walter Neptune says:

This is a really biased article. The language you use is clearly meant to sway readers rather than just inform. To be frank, I’m a little dissapointed.

• Jonathon Van Maren says:

It is an opinion column, so it be definition includes my bias. All articles on this site written by me are intended to sway readers *by* informing them. I thought my bias is pretty up front, to be honest.

2. J says:

I have to say I was very disappointed to hear that this happened. I found out by looking up the cast of a show only to see an actor in place of a female character which confused me. For a second I questioned if a male had played all those different roles as a female, and googled it until I figured it out. I’m being selective with my words because God forbid I accidentally use they’s old name and get called a phobe.
    Not my life so it doesn’t really concern me, but I can’t say i’m still a fan of theirs i’m honest. I personally don’t see much integrity there, it seems like an ego flex or something more than “finding ones true self”. What is annoying is the name being changed retro-actively to streaming platforms on movies filmed years ago. It’s confusing and inaccurate.
    I have nothing against trans, gay, straight, or whatever you want to be. If someone legally changed their name under any other circumstances, would said name be changed on movie credits produced before said name change?

3. Jeremy James says:

I wish Elliot Page a successful career. However Ellen Page existed and she was a great actress. You can’t rewrite history. I have the dvds Elliot Page was not in inception.

4. Dosh Fellow says:

She’s a woman with body dismorphia, crooked doctors are cashing in on selling her this horrible unnatural solution. Rather than seek counseling and learning to love her body she would rather disfigure it, and chase some unattainable messed up fantasy.

5. Mother says:

Revolution awareness to protect — non-chromosome irregular/non-abnormalities minors with Gender.Dysphoria; neuroscience find FACTS to dissolve gender dysphoric children/youth/teens from belief in unnatural gender image altering meds/body mutilation.

Mind-re-self-believing in the believer needs mental stability support to be naturally whom they were born to be within their own skin.